Thursday, September 30, 2010

If all the other kids were jumping off a bridge....


...I guess I would too.
Here I am with my first blog. Jumping on the blog-wagon and off that proverbial bridge.
Like anyone in the universe wants details of how my day goes with these savages I call my kids... but I guess I could be surprised. I mean, plenty of moms have mommy blogs and thousands of followers. I don't know if i want thousands, but it would be nice if more than 4 people followed me on Twitter.

Let me start with an intro, I am the 30 year old mother of a 3 year old, Tyler, and an 18month old, Kendyl.
I'm married to a man I've loved for 8 years and coveted for at least 2 years prior to that. Neither of us are perfect people or perfect parents, (although he's doing better than me, I think) which might lend to an interesting blog.
I seriously think both of us may be a bit insane, which is the only explanation to why both of my children are absolutely insane. I've learned to be terrified of quiet, especially when I'm in the bathroom, because I will undoubtably come out to babies eating the bills recently removed from the filing cabinet, or somebody standing on the kitchen counter... because baby gates are obviously just a suggestion, not a rule to these two.

I love my kids, I'm crazy about them.

Tyler is super smart, like "Little Man Tate" smart. (Does anyone get the reference?) He just turned 3 in the last month, he can count to 100, he can do simple math, knows his alphabet, shapes, colors and can spell about 10-15 simple words. He's obedient to an extent, but has spirit and sass. His favorite activities include lining his hot wheels up in a line 50 strong, and then pushing the baby down when she tries to touch them... which means that her favorite activity is touching his cars.

Kendyl is my beauty queen. I'm not just saying that she's beautiful, she's an actual child beauty pageant winner. I needed some kind of activity with her, being how the only toys she cares about are the one's her brother is playing with at the time.... and surprise... surprise... she's a stage hog. An attention junkie. Her interests include, new shoes and accesories, make-up, and dancing with the max amount of people watching. God help us all. And, as expected, she's a total drama queen. She was born with it, and i just need to get over it.

My third child, I mean my husband....lol, is a construction worker. More specifically, he builds pools. The pool business isn't doing well in this economy, but we're not going to get into finances in this blog. At least not this post. Right now he's researching enviromental sciences, specifically recycled materials.
His behavior toward me is about the same as ours toward the children... alternating between scolding and spoiling to death. I don't know if I'm being raised right, but there sure is alot of educational programming involved.

My life is filled with chaos, but I think we're getting adequite nutrition. At least there's that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home