Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kendyl, Warrior Princess!

I have decided that I don't give Kendyl enough face time on this blog.




There could be several reasons that this is so. Perhaps it's that I have so much trouble with her, I don't want to announce to the world that I'm a clueless and overwhelmed parent. Perhaps she gets enough of our attention in the real world, I feel it's time for Tyler to get some on my blog. Maybe it's because it's so hard to get a good picture of her because she hates the camera flash in her face. (see above)



Kendyl was born a perfect baby. Beautiful round head, sparkly eyes and engaging personality. All very Gerber baby-ish. She won her first beauty pageant at 6 months. She was the girl I had waited 12 years for, and of course had the best wardrobe the moment she was born. (Hey, like I said, I waited 12 years to get a girl!) She's a cuddle-bug and loves attention and sloppy kisses.
I never knew, after having boys, what a difference having a girl was. I mean, people told me... I just blew them all off. A baby is a baby, right?
Well, then she started screaming. She screams for food, screams at the TV, at her brother and... you guessed it, for attention. The screaming went non-stop for 8 months, and still happens on a daily basis, although not so much now that she's starting to talk.
I'll tell you, there has never been a mother so grateful to hear the WORD "No." come out of her child's mouth. All the "mommommommommom." in the world is a beautiful thing in comparison.



She is such an attention hog. My mission, (should I choose to accept it) is to find stuff for her to do all day, so she leaves me alone for a second. Did I mention she hates toys? All except for what her brother is playing with right now. All she wants is me, and my face REALLY close up. That makes it really difficult to eat, and poop, and walk across the floor, and ESPECIALLY anywhere the baby-gates refuse her entry.
That's where the scream comes back in.
So, I get her back by taking pictures of her pooping (which she hides in the corner to do, I guess her bid for attention stops when it's potty time)



Look at the beads of sweat on her brow. This is, unfortunately, one of the best recent pictures I've taken of her. She REALLY hates the flash on the camera.
So, to my little whiny, demanding, attention hog who gets into everything and takes terrible pictures... here is your blog-day in the sun!

I'm a princess!
ALL DONE!

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM , Anonymous Minnesota Mamaleh said...

oh i so love this post! sometimes they just are tough little buggers aren't they? and i hear you on the boy-girl thing. i had 2 girls first and wow! my son's terrible twos are somethin'! great post! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home