Saturday, November 13, 2010

Look! An ACTUAL About Me Page!

I was made aware this afternoon by an article on SITS, that my current "about me" page was about as cool as the school jock caught at a Star Trek convention... so lets give this another shot.

 I'm Just Mom. I'm not trying to hide my identity, (if you're at least halfway smart, you'd be able to track me down anyway) I'm explaining that, although I used to be a real person with hobbies and interests and a personality... all that got lost in the hostile takeover of my uterus, and I am now; Just Mom.
I'm a reader and a writer. I'm an adoptee and a bio-mom. I'm a mother and a daughter. I'm a wife and a good friend, (though maybe not a good wife.)
I turned 30 this year. *gag* That's all I have to say about that.
I am raising (wrangling, wrestling, whatever...) 2 children.

My son Tyler is 3, and he's quite the odd bird. He might have autism, he might have APD (auditory processing disorder) we don't know. We'll hopefully be learning more on Wednesday. I rock with him because I understand his personal needs and treat him accordingly. I suck because he isn't potty trained yet. He loves anything having to do with cars, Blue's Clues and, strangely enough, The Fresh Beat Band on Nickjr. It's kind of a High School Musical for either small children or idiots.


My daughter Kendyl is 18 months, and shares some kind of DNA with Godzilla. She's a screecher and a baby gate crasher. She hates toys and would rather force feed you pre-chewed crackers or dig her fingernail slowly into Daddy's tattoos. She loves new shoes, purses and sitting in the sink while getting her hair done. She has entered and won several beauty pageants (yes, just like Toddlers and Tiaras) and she loves them. Before you judge, think. What exactly DO you do with a child who is beautiful and vain, hates toys but loves being center stage? In my defense, I've never put fake eyelashes on her.

In, I think every single post, I swear I'm the furthest thing from the perfect mother. (Well maybe not the furthest. I've not driven them into a lake or sold them on the black market.) But I'm definitely trying to do my best.
We, my husband and I are poor as church mice and emotionally damaged, but refuse to let our life circumstances write our story for us.
All anyone can do is just the best that we can with what hand we're dealt. The only way to fail is to not give this thing your all.


I hope you like me and my little blog, and if you don't, well, whatever. I'm not going to die from it. I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

5 Comments:

At November 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Blogger TornadoTwos said...

Nice job on your About me page! I read it through to the end, so obviously it kept my interest. :) You totally do NOT suck because he isn't potty trained yet, boys are tough to PT. My 13 & 5 yo didn't train till 4- and I started working on it at 2 1/2. What a nightmare!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your new about me page ROCKS!!! You had me laughing, commiserating (sp?) and wanting to read more. GREAT job!! I'm inspired to get to it on my own blog now.
PS: I agree that you do not suck because of the potty training thing!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Nice to meet you.
Your kids are too cute!
Fresh Beat Band has actually made my own IQ drop. So I feel ya!!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 12:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are YOU--and that is nothing to be ashamed of. What YOU are is pure, genuine YOU. Smart, weathered in the storm, exquisitely expressed YOU. Powerful, vibrant, evolving YOU. Beautiful, alive, ever-enduring and endearing YOU. I love YOU.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Xenia said...

What a great About Me page! I love the way it totally sums you up yet makes me want to go back and read through all of your other posts to get to know you even more... if there were about 100 more hours in the day...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home