Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Grandmother's Cheesecake Recipe

Preheat the oven to 350 (you know a recipe always starts out like this)
you want
2 packs of cream cheese, room temp (that's 16oz for those who buy their cream cheese in bulk)
3 eggs (that's right I said 3)
3/4 cup + 2tbsp granulated sugar

for the topping
1 med size container of sour cream
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar (I don't know what the 2 tbsp is for, don't ask)
1 tsp vanilla (or get creative, I made a pumpkin cheesecake just by changing this part, I've thought lime would be yummy)

I have since forgotten how to make the graham cracker crust. Something having to do with butter and crushed graham crackers... so much easier to buy a crust from the store, let me suggest the one by Keebler that is 30% bigger to avoid slosh-over and make for more topping.

So, you mix all the main stuff together, the smoother the better. If it ends up the consistency of tapioca pudding, your cream cheese wasn't warm enough, you screwed it up. Although, if you put it in muffin cups and act like you meant to do that, your husband will think you're a culinary genius. It just won't make cheesecake.
So then you bake it for 25 minutes.
When I take it out, I like to let it sit for a second. Pouring the topping over soft, warm cheesecake can damage the top of the actual cheesecake.
Pour on the topping and smooth it out all nice-like.
Then cook the whole thing for another 10-15 minutes until it jiggles more like Jello when you take it out.
Then wait, you crazy bitch! Put it in the fridge and forget that it exists. In the morning, you will wake up to cheesecake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home