Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Sweet Sound of "No"

For those of you who read my blog, you know my daughter, Kendyl is a screamer.
For those of you who floated in from another site and have no idea how you got here or what's going on, see Screaming, Why God? Why? And then stop drinking, gosh! It's only noon!
Well, the long and the short of things, Kendyl is a screamer. She started screaming at 6 months, and it's only starting to abate now that she's learning words. Words like "no."
"No." Right? Parents worst nighmare.
Not mine. Music to my ears.
Because Kendyl is such an opinionated little girl, she says it a lot too, and I love it. Because that sweet little voice saying "No." is so much better than shrieks of protest.
She even says "No." and throws her body to the ground where she'll lay for a few minutes, as if your request of her has tapped all her strength and exhausted her.
If I can get this to work, I have video. Not of the throwing down part, she's in her highchair. But my sweet-voiced little drama queen while I'm trying to feed her the veggies from her pot pie.
I love "No."
I'm teaching Tyler how to say, "No thank you." Which is so much nicer than, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
But it's also the reason he's gotten away with eating nothing but bread, cheese and fruit for the last few days.
Speaking of eating well, Kendyl had a lollypop in one hand, and broccoli in the other hand, studied them both and ate the broccoli first!
I know!! Epic Mommy win! Epic Mommy Post Halloween win!
I get so few of those, I just had to post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home